Saturday 28 November 2009

Tarot Cards

Yeah, I know.. Some people think it's just a bunch of superstitious crap, others like my parents think it's well..bad and..not good...

Anyway, I've always been quite fascinated with tarot cards because I feel that they hold much power. Of course, I believe that you have to have the gift to read the cards, but seeing as I clearly don't have the gift, I'm just fooling around with my own deck.

Let's see, tarot cards consist of Major and Minor Arcana. The number of Major Arcana varies with different decks. For the more simpler ones they have only the main ones such as The Fool, The Emperor and Empress, The Magician, The Priestess, The Hierophant, The Wheel of The World, Death, The Hanging Man, The Sun and a few more. The Minor Arcana is categorized into four, that is Cups, Wands or Rods, Swords and Pentacles. They are then subdivided into aces, Twos to Tens, then the Court Cards, such as Page, Queen, Knight and King. Cups, Wands, Swords and Pentacles each symbolize a different element, Water, Fire, Earth or Air and therefore symbolizes different things, for example Cups represents Water, which in turn symbolizes emotions.

People fear the Wheel of The World the most, because when this card is drawn, it means change is coming, whether good or bad we don't know. The Wheel is always turning, our fortunes turn with it.

People also fear the Death card, which usually has a skeleton as it's main feature. But the Death card does not necessarily mean death itself. It usually means new beginnings, and end of bad things. Rarely does it mean death.

The card I fear or dislike the most is the Eight of Swords. For most decks, I think the card shows a blind-folded woman who is surrounded by a wall of eight swords, hence the name. It means that the person is deliberately blinding him or herself from knowledge. The means are there, but they won't acknowledge it. It also means ignorance.

Before my parents forbid me from using the cards, I usually used the Daily Spread, which only requires three cards which represents the Past, Present and Future. Less complicated, easy for me to use and I understand it more. I do use another spread which I only use when I have questions to ask. But most of the time they tell me things I already know, or think I already know..So yeah..Like I said, I don't have the gift...

Of course, there are a lot of different spreads, one of the most common is the Celtic Cross Spread. But then, the more specific questions need to be asked, the more difficult it is, and more complicated..

Ok...so that's it..cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.