Friday 17 February 2012

Growing Up..Again

I think it's strange. Sometimes the people you knew so well before suddenly seem to change overnight. Some call it growing up. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it may be just, different. Sometimes it's called loosing yourself. Does it mean that we have to give up on whatever made us happy in the past? Just because someone tells you it's time to grow up?

Growing up doesn't mean forgetting the things that made you who you are. It means learning to fall, to accept it and to get back up stronger than you were before. I've seen so many people change, like I said, some for the good, and some, I don't even know who they are any more. Sometimes I feel guilty, because the people that I see have changed, that I have judged to be a shallow or different person for the bad, they're my friends.

But then, who am I to judge? Who am I to say that you're not perfect when I'm not? Who am I to tell you you're so shallow when I'm not exactly the deepest person around? Who am I to tell you that you're so stuck up when sometimes I can be arrogant and selfish and full of pride?

People can be hypocrites sometimes. You know it's so easy to say 'I'm never like that, and I most definitely will never be like that.' Well, never say never. I suppose that's what I'm trying to learn now. It's just so hard to think carefully before you judge someone, before you open your mouth to condemn that person with just a casually thrown word or sentence. It's so easy to judge others, but not ourselves. I guess I'm still learning.

Growing up, may be for the better, but only if we don't loose ourselves in the process. I hope, that when there comes a day I can not remember what made me who I am, what I am, I can just look around at my memories, my friends and my family, and remember that they made me who I am, and I'll be content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.