Sunday 19 February 2012

Vampire Diaries

Finally, I think it's time to have a little rant on my current favourite television series eh?

After a year of badgering from my friends, I've finally started watching it. Do I regret it? Nope.

All right, first things first. Character dissection. Let's start with Elena Gilbert. I liked Nina Dobrev. I think she's a fantastic actress who is able to portray two characters who are polar opposites. I do like Elena Gilbert, that was in Season 1. I mean, I still like her now, but after watching the latest 2 episodes of Season 3, I've decided maybe she's getting a little too selfish. Two brothers fawning over her, one is Stefan Salvatore, good-guy-turned-bad-turned-good? And Damon Salvatore, bad-guy-who-wasn't-really-bad-turned-good-guy. Aptly put by Katherine, the brother who didn't love me enough and the brother who loved me too much. I can't help but feel that sometimes, Damon loves Elena more. But let's leave that for later.

Fine, I understand that Elena was with Stefan first, and the entire 'Stefan-will-always-be-first' lecture'. I get that. But Stefan, I know he loves her, but does he love her enough? And poor Damon, always ending up being rejected in favour of Stefan, first Katherine, now Elena. I really do commend Ian Somerhalder for being able to come up with such a pitiful kicked puppy look..Aww..

Urgh, you know what? I'll just continue tomorrow. TTFN said the tridelts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.