Sunday 4 March 2012

Gratitude

I realised I've never expressed gratitude for what I have, so why not start now?

I'm grateful for my wonderful parents and dear brother whose love I will never trade for another's.

I'm grateful that I have been blessed with a healthy and strong body. Even if I don't have that perfect body, I have a set of perfectly functional and strong arms and legs.

I'm grateful that I have been blessed with a healthy vocal cord, eyes and ears. For without them I may not be able to see the wonderful world and its colours, nor will I be able to hear the beautiful music that is life. I may not have the greatest voice but at least I have a voice to sing and to speak.

I'm grateful that while I am not the prettiest or most attractive girl around, I have been blessed by God to have confidence and faith in myself, and to have the strength to tell myself that I am beautiful no matter what.

I'm grateful that God has seen fit to bless me with a wonderful memory and brain for studying. While I may not be a genius I am grateful that studying comes easier to me. I am grateful that I have the capacity for learning, while some unfortunate souls learn slower than others, and are discriminated by people who think they are far better.

I'm grateful for the wonderful friends that have been in my life. I'm grateful for every little thing they have done and said. They brought so much colour to my life.

I'm grateful for everyone who has come before into my short life, regardless good or bad. Thank you to those who made everything worth living for, and thank you to those who made life hell; because of you I've learnt that I'm stronger than I ever knew.

I'm grateful for life, that I can open my eyes to a brand new day, no matter how bad it may be. I'm grateful that I have the ability to be grateful, to appreciate the things I have right in front of my eyes.

So thank you, for letting me realise that I am so blessed to be who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.