Sunday 18 March 2012

Old Memories

I actually wrote this post when I was waiting for my turn in the driving trial test today, so it's pretty short. Anyway..

Reading back the old SMSes my parents sent to me, as well as my friends, I realise that I have so many people who love me and who care for me. It's the little things like these that make me feel especially loved, like my mother messaging me using my nickname and calling herself 'Mummy', my father sending me jokes and little anecdotes and a little things to think about, or my friends wishing me on my birthday or any special days.

I have kept over a thousand messages that sometimes, when I'm bored, I'll look at those messages and smile when I see my friends telling me she'll kill if I don't pick up the phone, or gossiping about someone or other, or my brother plotting with me to skip tuition classes.

They may seem like mundane, sentimental things to other people but these little things are the things that make me smile at the silliness of my loved ones and make me think of friends lost and gained. And I wouldn't trade them for anything else in the world. This, so much more so than any other things in the world, is bliss.

P.S Amazing picture I found when I typed 'Nature' into Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.