Monday 9 April 2012

Word: Cathedral, Gothic, I might add

Word for today: Gothic Cathedrals. Even though I'm not a Christian or Catholic, I still like the Gothic architecture style, very elegant and unique. The first one is a Milan cathedral, which I have no idea what the name is. Though if memory serves, it was in the middle of the town square. 

The second one is La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain. It is HUGE. I remember when I saw it it was under renovation. I think it's finished by now. La Sagrada Familia roughly translates into 'the Holy or Sacred Family'. The detail is amazing. On the little nooks and hollow panels there are statuettes of the holy figures, saints and what not. So there you have it. Ciao.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.